Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gingerbread Biscotti

This is the first time I think I've even had biscotti! I've been back for more, let me tell you. Recipe from Vegan Cookies Invade your Cookie Jar!

1/4 c molasses
2/3 c sugar
2tbs ground flax seeds
1/2 c canola oil
2 tbs soy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4c flour (I have used both whole wheat and unbleached white)
2 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c finely chopped candied ginger

Preaheat oven to 350F. Beat together molasses, sugar, flax, oil, milk and vanilla with a whisk. Sift in flour, spices, baking powder and salt. Use a spatula to form a dough, and knead in ginger. I used my hands. Form a log on a baking sheet covered with parchment. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool for 45 minutes, slice, and place back in oven for 22-24 minutes at 325F.

Once cooled, I drizzled with an icing made with 1 c icing sugar and the juice of a lemon. Yuuum!

No comments:

Post a Comment