Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

So with the leftover pumpkin from the bread... Pancakes!
Recipe from Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.

3/4 c canned pumpkin
2 tbs canola oil
3/4 c soy milk
1/2 c water
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbs maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 c flour (I used whole wheat)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
pinch cloves

Whisk together wet ingredients, then stir in the rest until there are very few lumps left but do not over mix. Oh yes, I didn't have nutmeg and cloves so I used cinnamon, ginger and pumpkin pie spice.
Preheat a non-stick pan or better yet griddle (that is what I always use and I am a bit of a pancake master. It's the secret to perfect pancakes I think) to medium. Use cooking spray if you must. Pour half a cup of batter at a time, and let cook until the edges are dry and there are bubbles in the center. Flip once only!
I served with powdered sugar and maple syrup...

No comments:

Post a Comment