Saturday, July 14, 2012

Rainbows (and Pinterest)

I joined Pinterest a while ago (find me, madisonconlin) but have just recently started using it. I have already made many recipes based on inspiring photos and foodstuff I have pinned. Also hair styles. I like that, its like a craft you can make right now! But I digress.

Rainbows.

I love rainbows, I always have. I love bright colours. If you've ever seen a painting by me, you know this. (Also my hair!) Pinterest is full of rainbow foods. And I have contributed to this. Rainbow Popsicles, rainbow fruit trays, and rainbow cake.



The popsicles are just mashed up fruit, strawberries, mango, kiwi and blueberries. Very refreshing.
The cake is just vanilla cake with (not very well incorporated) food colouring and vanilla icing and fruit decoration. If I did it again and had more time (baking with children around requires crafyness and speed) I would colour it with fruit. I'll let you know if I try it.

I want to make rainbow cupcakes in mini mason jars. With tie-dyed style frosting. Not to mention a million other things I have been overstimulated with because of Pinterest. I love it.

Keep Pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment